As a part of the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton, the church was built between 1910 and 1912 with money donated by Catherine and Denis Broderick. When the initial foundation was dug a Hippopotamus tusk was found in the trench! This is now in Brighton Museum.
The Church is solidly built of Kentish Ragstone with Bath stone dressing and a Cornish slate roof. The bell, ‘Solomon’ weighs 58 lbs and is in the turret. The main doors are of oak, with the craftsmans signature concealed within. The font is of onyx and Italian marble, and the font cover counterweighted by a First World War shell casing… two similar cases are used as vases in the church.